Thursday, February 18, 2016

My Triplets Turned 16 and I Fell Apart

I had no idea I would become an emotional wreck when my triplets turned 16 years old.  I leaned into to the day with pride, joy and excitement.  We celebrated with sheer abandon.  The next day I was flooded with memories and the tears began to flow.


I had to make some really difficult decisions from very early on.  When my three were just 4 months old, I became a single parent with no child support.  My degree is in Early Childhood Education and when I became pregnant, I was the Director of a great child care center.  I was laid off during my maternity leave.

Before starting a family I made the appropriate plans, as all good americans are taught to do.  I had a solid degree, a solid job, owned a home and was ready to start a family...one child at a time.  After 2 years of fertility issues and the heart-wrenching ups and downs of this cycle, it was decided that I would be just slightly more aggressive with the treatments.  The first month with the new treatment, I became pregnant with three.  My reaction to the news was pure bliss!  I had no doubts that there was a plan in place and all I needed to do is allow and receive.  Plus, my education would surely be a great asset with a 'group' of children to raise.

Given my petite size, the doctors approached me about selective reduction.  They told me that all three babies may not make it and/or I may not make it through the birth.  It was made clear that the smallest fetus would be the best choice.  I didn't hesitate to tell the doctor that I did not choose to become pregnant with three lives and I will not choose to change that fact.  I felt strongly that I was given a gift...three gifts and it was my responsibility to do all that I could to carry out the pregnancy for all of the gifts I was given.  I wasn't scared.  I was hopeful and open to the task that was handed to me.  I know who the smallest fetus was at the time and can not imagine the huge mistake it would have been to terminate that life.  I am so grateful I refused to make that decision!

No job, no child support and living 2 hours away from where I had built a life, I still had hope.  Although I didn't have the means to buy them many things or pay for a home of our own, I supported them as individuals, I kept them safe, taught them right from wrong and guided them to explore each of their worlds.  My focus has been to encourage these wonderful people to become the best of who they are meant to be.

For 12 years I was a single parent and money was scarce, but hope was abundant!  My kids were happy, healthy and exploring what life had to offer.

Our lives have changed significantly since they were 12.  I met an amazing man who was open to creating an instant family and we got married.  We now own investment property and I have a thriving real estate career.

Two days ago my triplets turned 16 years old.  On that day, I was saying, "I kept them alive for 16 years.  I don't even have a plant that has been alive more than 4 years."  I realized the reason I was saying that was because of the magnitude of responsibility I took on.  During those trying years, I shrugged off the comments of, "Triplets!  Oh my gosh.  How do you do it?" or "I have one!  I have no idea how you keep it together with three...born at the same time!"  I would not allow myself to be open to the concept of it being hard.  If I had, I wouldn't have been able to do what I did.  The doubts and stress would have eaten me up.

I realize now, that part of my calling was to raise these three souls.  They are not mine, I was just given the amazing opportunity to guide them and keep them safe until they could stand on their own.  We have a few more years before they are fully able to be independent, if they choose and I'm sure they will all fly.  They are my miracles!

Happy Birthday to my three blessings, Zyon, Hannah and Jordan.  I would do it all over again if you needed me to.  xoxoxoxo

Thank you for reading, forwarding and following!

Terri


6 comments:

  1. I recently have some difficult conversations and I did what a lot of people do when they want to know how to do something. I googled it. I came across Dr Williams herbal medicine on blog-site so many people thanking him about his good work. I also have fibromyalgia. I wasn’t running all over God’s creation with every man I could find but here I am. I have felt bad about myself for so many years now because of my fibromyalgia status. I obviously still have some self-accepting to do but I want to thank Dr Williams for everything he have done for my family ,after taking Dr Williams medicine i was completely free from fibromyalgia within one month of usage, I think what you are doing is so admirable. you have helped me a lot! I want to definitely reach out to you and thank you for your amazing work. You are a good person, and an extremely talented man. You have helped millions with your herbs, and have really inspired me,and i pray you still continue doing the good work.you can also email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS I HAVE NEVER BELIEVE IN HERBAL REMEDIES.
    my son have been a patient of fibromyalgia . I had tried a lot of anti viral med prescribed to me by doctors over how many years now but I could not see any improvements in my son symptoms. One day while going through the internet , i got to know about this great Herbal Dr who uses his herbal remedies in curing people from fibromyalgia ,quickly i contacted him and he prepared a herbal medication for my son which i received and he used it as instructed by Dr Williams. After few weeks the improvement were very visible. the chronic muscle pain and the tightness of the joint stopped, I would really recommend this to all my friends,families,around the globe suffering from fibromyalgia. you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com.for advice and for his product ,his a good man and am very happy to give this testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS FOR THE GREAT DEED HE HAVE DONE FOR MY DAUGHTER?
    My daughter suffered from fibromyalgia for more than 12 years which we started experiencing in her when she turned 8 year and 5 months we all thought it will end but got even worse as days went by. We tried all several treatments and therapy prescribed by various doctors we met but to no avail, she always complain of joint stiffness, and have difficulty falling asleep. She usually tells me she feeling tired. This were steady disorder that disrupted her entire life, even at night she slept less because of this.It was during a casual conversation with a friend that i learned about Dr Williams herbal medicine I was able to contact him on his email address. and give him all the necessary information that he needed,few day later he sent me the herbal portion and his medicine was able to restore her back to normal and she is very okay now without any side effects whatsoever. If you have fibromyalgia, do not hesitate to contact him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product. I hope this also helps someone out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr Williams medicine was extremely helpful to my daughter. I have had a daughter with fibromyalgia for 21 years now , and my doctor have prescribe me with different kinds of western drugs without no improvement on my daughter symptoms . I am so glad I have found Dr Williams medicine (as I was surfing the net for a solution and saw a recommendation for it on a women's health forum early this year). I have felt so empowered by the knowledge you have given me and I quickly self diagnosed the individual causes of my daughter fibromyalgia and armed with his clear instructions, I was finally able to beat this monster, in less than 4 weeks of using dr Williams medication on my daughter. she went for checkup and it was clear that my daughter fibromyalgia were gone,you can also email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help.

    Thank you, thank you , thank you. Dr Williams "

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Glaucoma.,psoriasis,Cirrhosis of Liver, Cataracts,Macular degeneration, Infectious mononucleosis.,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,
    Dementia.,Tach Disease,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am Sophie from Canada, I once suffered from a terrible and Chronic fibromhyalgia,since i was bone , the doctor told me there was no permanent cure i was given medications to slow down its progress, i constantly felt my health was deteriorating as i constantly had Pain all over my body,this ailment was really terrible especially when am going out with my friends, i have this constant disorder for about 31 years, this was really a terrible ailment ,on thin one day that i was going through the internet,and i came across a post of Mrs jessica on how her daughter was been cured from  fibromhyalgia through the help of Dr Williams herbal product, I contacted this herbal doctor via his email and explain everything to him and make purchase of his product,few days later he sent me the herbal medicine through courier service, when i received the herbal medicine, i used it for 1 months and two weeks as prescribed by dr williams and i was totally cured within those week of usage,on thin now i have not experience any sign or characteristics again . for more information you can email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help

    ReplyDelete