Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Layover on My Trip to Shambhala

Earlier in my blog I wrote a post about vacationing in Shambhala.  Today, I got confirmation that I'm on my way to my favorite vacation spot (although I've never been there, I know it'll be my favorite).  One day, I'll be relaxing in this land of peace, tranquility and happiness.

As with any of my travels, I spend time planning for it and learning some of the customs of the area.  I've also noticed the universe sending me signs that I'm getting closer to my destination.  For example, when I began to be pulled toward the energy vortexes in Arizona, I had no idea how, when or why I'd be going.  I just new that it was a place I needed to see and experience.  My first step in the planning process was to push away any doubt in my mind, that I'd be able to go and stay there for any length of time.  I began affirming that I'd be visiting the red rocks and mountains of the area.  I spent part of my meditation time imagining that I was there.  I imagined how I felt sitting in the sun, surrounded by the clean air and healing energy.  I felt relaxed and happy.  I visioned the flight, the place I'd stay in and the people around me.  It was important for me to bring the entire experience into my body and mind as if it were already happening and this meant including as many of the senses and the details of the trip, as I could.  I began noticing AZ license plates.  I'd hear new stories about friends going or living there, that I'd never heard before.  My senses were in tune to the vibration of Arizona and picked up on even the littlest sign along the way.  These were, for me, reminders and acknowledgements that, yes, I would find my way there.

 About six months later, as I sat in service at my spiritual center, there was an announcement about a retreat that was open to all the congregants.  I thought, "Well, there it is!  That's when I'm going." At the time, I didn't know how I'd get there but those were just little pieces that would fall into place as I kept taking the steps in the right direction.  Everything came together beautifully and I spent a week in Sedona and a couple of days in Phoenix.  It was everything I had anticipated, and more.

The sign I got today, confirming my journey to Shabhala was my visit to a very calm, uplifting and healing place.  I went to my Naturopathic doctor to receive two treatments.  I have never had medical treatment like this before and as wonderful as it is, it takes a bit to get use to.  My past experiences have been all about putting out the next 'medical fire'.  These fires were symptoms that I was unable to cope with any longer.  I had no medical support to teach me how to cope prior to them becoming full blown bon fires.  Some of this is because there was no proof in blood tests, x-rays, MRI's, etc.  Without concrete Western proof, there was no treatment given.

Don't get me wrong, the two treatments I had, at the naturopathic center, were uncomfortable and had the potential to be painful but this office ensures a comfortable healing experience.  "How do they do this?", you say.  Well...for one, I'm tuned into businesses, the heartbeat of the business and the organism (organization) as a whole.  Kind of the way they treat their patients.  As I tuned in, I heard and saw a pleasant and soothing environment.  I heard and saw a pleasant staff and they were all smiling :) I heard conversation between staff and I was amazed by the supportive, uplifting and positive tone in each interaction.  Really! It felt as if their needs were being met as individuals and in turn, the needs of the medical center were being met with focus, joy, commitment and a deep desire to assist their patients on the path to healing.  And there was even a treatment that needed my full involvement.  I couldn't just passively, sit back and let someone treat me.  From beginning to end, this center teaches people how to take full responsibility of their own health. When I left, my body was tired and sore and had some unfamiliar sensations that I was told to expect.  My soul was nourished, my heart was full and I felt peace and tranquility.  This center treats the root of the problems while trying to sooth the symptoms and nurture the individual while they're at it.  I also feel as though they are looking and seeing me as a whole and health-ful person, which encourages me to do the work to heal and allow the true me to flourish again.  There's empathy, not pity.  There's encouragement, not pressure.  There's communication, not dictating.

I am hopeful for so much, after my experience today.  With knowledge, intuition and support, we can successfully take responsibility for our health and wellbeing.  I also have hope for the organisms (organizations) that are in the health care field.  Doesn't it make sense that a healthy body does better creating an environment for other healthy bodies?  In turn, an unhealthy body will struggle to create an environment to support health.

The blessings that have come from this new doctor's office are many.  I'm incredibly grateful that I have hope again, to find a sustainable level of health and be able to expand and share my gifts with others.

Thanks for reading, following and forwarding my posts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment