Monday, August 5, 2013

The Most Interesting Appointment, So Far

Warning:  There may be bits of 'TMI-too much information' in this post.  My intention in posting this is to help those who may be living with similar medical challenges.  Please stop reading if you do not care to read about my colon therapy experience.  Thank you :)




Well, I'm not sure if any other doctor's appointment could top today's experience.  I've never had a colonic before.  I've done a great deal of research and decided long ago that I wanted to try this therapy.  I talked with others and read about how colonics can help the intestines learn how to do their job.  I relate it to the physical therapy you would have after the cast comes off your broken leg.  The leg needs to learn how to function again.  My digestive system decided, last winter to shut down completely.  The way I've been treating it is not sustainable and definitely not helping my belly get back to doing it's job.

This morning I called my Naturopathic Doctor because I was in so much discomfort with my lazy digestion.  The doctor said I could go in today to get some help.  The treatment room was clean and comfortable and my nurse, who administers the treatment, was very pleasant.  This helped the ongoing questions, in my head, calm down.  My nurse answered all my questions and attached the tubing to me.
 About 20 minutes into the 50 minute procedure, everything seemed to be moving along well, although slowly.  Then a loud blaring noise began to scream through the entire office.  The nurse looked at me and I looked at the light flashing on the wall with the word, FIRE, printed underneath.  We were both in a bit of disbelief.  At this point I had no idea how to evacuate the building as I was attached to a machine that was bathing my insides.  Between the two of us, we managed to not panic and to neatly pack everything up.  I dove into my pants and headed outside.

The weather was a comfortable 72 degrees outside and sunny.  I was hoping I wouldn't need a bathroom while waiting for the fire department to clear us to return.  Luckily, there was no pain, no rushing off to find the nearest bathroom and we were able to go back into the building and complete the procedure.

Although this was an unusual and a most unexpected Doctor's appointment, I scheduled another for Wednesday.  This time I asked if we could leave out the fire alarm part of the procedure..

Thanks for reading, forwarding and following

No comments:

Post a Comment