Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Terri Soup

I was so....looking forward to seeing my Naturopathic Doctor today.  I had my day all planned out; wake up, exercise, putter around the house, meditate and leave for my noon appointment at about 11:15 to give me time to not have to rush.  At about 9:30 am, I heard my phone ring and when I answered, it was the doctor's office calling.  "Hi Terri." I heard at the other end of the phone and I said hello in a surprised tone.  There was a small part of me that was concerned that my appointment was going to get cancelled.  "We had you scheduled for 9 am this morning." I didn't think I heard her correctly and while responding, "What?" I was opening the calendar on my old phone.

On a side note, I got a new phone and have been in the process of transferring information from one to the other.  The calendars are linked in cyberspace and share the information that is entered with all the phones in our family.

I heard, "Can you come in at 4pm today for your appointment and treatments?"  Unfortunately I couldn't and I said that I thought my appointment was at noon.  With some discussion back and forth, it was clear that I had the wrong time and none of my phones had the appointment in its calendar.

I was so disappointed that I'd have to wait to see the doctor and get my treatments.  And I was discombobulated because my plan was foiled.  I wasn't sure what to do with my unexpected blessing of free time.  I decided that instead of being disappointed, I'd do my own, home-made treatment at home.  I began to fill the bath tub with nice, warm water.  I then googled 'soothing bath ingredients'.  Quickly, I went to the kitchen and found some sea salt, powdered ginger and some peppermint tea bags.  I didn't like the tea, and since it was organic, I decided to add it to my tub concoction.  I dumped all the ingredients into the bath, turned off the water and hopped in.  The aroma was soothing and nice and I was happy that I turned the shock of the phone call and the disappointment of missing my appointments into something positive.  I could have used my free time to do chores or errands, but I decided to take the time for me.  It was a bit strange to be soaking with tea bags floating around, but I relaxed into it.

The best part is that I'm able to go in tomorrow to visit with my doctor and have my treatments.  Sometimes these unexpected changes are for our greater good!

Thank you for reading, forwarding and following my posts!!!
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment