Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I'm Dancing With My Health

What a great August in New England!  My energy was flowing with some to spare.  My sleep was good and my pain levels were down.  I was impressed with my stable moods and pleasant demeanor...inside and out.  You know, that inside demeanor can really make a difference.

When September came along, the weather got cooler and I continued with my normal routine.  There were a couple of changes...big ones...with the kids going back to school and my husband's mom needing more care but it was going well.  About a week ago, I was having a conversation with my husband about how September is a month of transitions and that every year, I prepare myself for the changes.  At the time, he was a bit blown away by the upset apple cart.  The triplets were adjusting to a new grade, more homework and the most important decision...what sport to do.  With all the hustle and bustle, I was calm and cool, centered and focused through most of it.

Yesterday was another story.  I was feeling off.  I felt more tired than I've been in a while, much more irritable and my inner demeanor was getting meaner.  From past experience, I know this is usually a sign of a fibro flare coming on.  This morning I had trouble getting out of bed.  It felt as though I didn't get a wink of sleep.  After the kids got on the bus, I went back to bed (moment of gratitude for the ability to go back to bed) and slept for another two hours.  Eleven hours of sleep and I still felt like a zombie.  I've been going over and over my routine to see if I've gotten away from an important aspect of my healing routine and besides my birthday celebration last Saturday (a little cake and a glass of wine), I'm on track.  Is it the change in weather, the increased stress that I'm managing well or maybe that this is my peak allergy season?  I may not ever know.

What I do know is that I'm blessed to have had such a healthful Summer and that I have a wonderful new doctor.  I also know that these challenging days or weeks will creep in until my body is completely healed.  It may take a short time or a long time to nurse my body, mind and soul back to full health and that's okay with me.

I'll step left when I need to step left and step right with the change in weather or song.  I'll do the dosie do and turn myself around during the healing process.  Listening to my body and my intuition is important so I can do the dance steps that flow with this process.  If I'm taking misstep, there's tension and resistance to the direction I'm meant to go.  Each day I learn a new step to this dance with my health.

Now to find a way to ease the mean in my inner demeanor.  More self love will be my first step there.


Thank you for reading, forwarding and following!!!
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment