Monday, July 1, 2013

Hey! There's One

I'm glad that I'm watching out for the gifts because...I found one!  Although, I've known for a while I had this ability, my perception of it shifted today.  I've been reading tarot cards and doing intuitive readings for over 20 years.

Each reading is unique and I enjoy helping people find answers and guide them through transitions.  I do readings once or twice a month and sometimes I'm a guest reader at a local monthly psychic fair.  Because of the fibromyalgia, I don't advertise or promote my services.  I just don't know when I'll be well enough to either leave the house or have the focus to do readings on a regular basis.  In the past, I have noticed that I'm energized after readings and my mood is lifted.


Today, I realized that during the reading, I'm not really a part of the process.  Obviously I'm shuffling cards, seeing symbols and using my voice to speak but the rest is flowing through me.  It's not coming from me.  If I begin to think about what information is coming through, I begin to try to analyze or interpret the information and the spirit connection is lost.  I learned a long time ago that I don't need to know the connections my clients are having with the information.  The message is for them, not me.  Many times, I don't even remember what came through after a reading.  I let my regular clients know this, because they ask me to go over what was said in previous readings.  Often during readings, I don't understand much of the message.  I relay what information comes to me through the cards or through spirit and ask if it makes sense to the client.  The majority of the time, the client has a direct connection to the information, which boggles me because I don't get it.  All I know is that as long as I get out of the way, the message the client is meant to receive, is received.

After todays reading, I was aware that during the reading, my body didn't hurt.  I wasn't exhausted and there was no brain fog.  The day, overall, was challenging with mood swings, pain, anger, frustration, boredom, and exhaustion.  I kind of dreaded the phone reading I agreed to do, because I was worried that the discomfort throughout the day would carry over and effect the service I was providing.  I take great pride in offering good customer service.

I went through my usual preparation of shuffling and clearing the cards, saying a prayer of intention and  affirming that I am acting as an open vessel, before the call came in.  The phone rang, I took a deep breath and answered.  The reading was delivered with ease and grace and my client said she was uplifted and motivated and felt much better due to the information I delivered.

The illnesses didn't exist during those 45 minutes.  The woman on the other end of the phone felt much better after the reading and said she very much appreciated everything I did for her.  It would be nice to do readings 24/7, if it were possible, because I naturally got out of the way in order to do what I love doing.

Is it possible that another gift uncovered today is the awareness that I need to get out of my own way?  Hmmm...

Thanks for reading, forwarding and following my posts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment