Saturday, June 22, 2013

If I Close My Eyes, It'll End

Have you ever had such a good day that you didn't want to go to bed because you just didn't want the goodness to change?  The last couple of days have been this way for me.  The sun has been shining, my energy levels have been good, my pain levels have been tolerable, my brain fog has been humorous, and I'm having fun.  Fun...Just in typing that word, I feel a heart swell, like seeing an old friend for the first time in years.

I began my day, yesterday with the intention of doing something a bit out of the ordinary, just to step out of my comfort zone.  I'm not sure if it's a mid-life crisis thing, an expression of a long missed joy thing, an attempt to get out of a rut thing, or maybe even a mental health thing :) I remember, back when I was in my mid 30's, I was so stuck in the Mom role that I began spending time with people 10 years younger than me, going to bars, meeting new people and getting out of my 'mom jeans', so to speak.  I craved fun...with adults.  The state I'm in now is similar.  I crave fun, laughter and experiencing new things because I'm tired of battling.  Battling doctors, diagnosis, pain, illness, spiritual conflicts, depression.  I want peace, joy, laughter and a little 'crazy' in my life.  The good crazy, not the institutionalized crazy :)

Oh, so back to yesterday morning.  I did what I do.  I put my feet on the floor and headed out the door, for my morning exercise.  On my way to the door, my mind got distracted and I walked down to the basement.  There, I saw the grass skirts we recently wore to a birthday party.  Ah-ha!  I decided to wear my grass skirt and lei jogging.  So at 7 am, I walked through the living room with my hawaiian attire on over my running garb, past my teenage daughter (who, by the way, pretended she didn't see her nutty mom) and went out for a run.  What fun!  I think I made a couple of people, driving to work, smile too.  So, why not?  It was different and fun and I made people smile.  When I got back, my daughter said, "did you really just go running in that?!"  I told her "yes".  She lifted her iPod to take a picture and I insisted we go outside to take the picture, for better lighting.  By that time she was smiling and I don't think I was seen as the most embarrassing Mom in the neighborhood.  She seemed to understand and appreciate the fun in it.

The rest of the day flowed with ease and grace.  With the appointments I had, the transportation of teens and typical family responsibilities, there were no hiccups.  There were even some potential triggers, but I sailed by them with joy in my heart.  I'm sure I've said this before, but I believe we can all live a life where most, it not all, of our days flow with ease and grace.  I'm exploring how to sustain this lifestyle :)  I've even tried not going to sleep at night for fear of losing the flow.  By the way, this tactic doesn't work.  I was enjoying myself so much that I didn't want to close my eyes because I knew that when I did, I'd fall asleep and my blissful day would end.

Some of you, who have been following my blog, may have noticed that I didn't write last night.  My day was so wonderful, that I kept on going until I was just too tired to continue and decided that being a good steward to the health of my body was more important than writing my post.

I'm glad I took a day off, because now I can share with you that today was a blissful day, too!  Even though I closed my eyes last night, I woke up this morning with the ability to sustain the ease and grace.    So here are some conclusions I've come up with during my experiment regarding sustaining a flow of ease and grace in every day life.


1.  Do what fills your soul (read about and practice your spiritual beliefs)
2.  Be a good steward to the health of your body (get sleep when you need sleep, etc, etc...)
3.  Don't take things so seriously.  We are spiritual beings having a human experience.  The circumstances surrounding us are not who we are.
4.  Follow the breadcrumbs (we are given signs from the universe all the time, pay attention)
5.  Keep the silly alive (jog in a grass skirt)


Thanks for reading, forwarding and following my posts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment