Thursday, June 27, 2013

In Search of a Pink Tutu

It's been an unusually busy week and I'm in need of some laughter and fun.  I just don't know if I can muster up enough energy to laugh today, but tomorrow and the weekend would be perfect.  My sleep and daily routine has been compromised this week with the kids' camp schedule.  This was my choice to drive them to and from Boston every day this week and it's worth it to see them having so much fun. I didn't anticipate that the schedule would flatten me as much as it has.  I'm still learning what's doable and what's a struggle.  While I'm recovering, this weekend and next week, I''m going to come up with at least three things to do for pure fun.

My first is to wear a tutu for either running or for a full day.  I saw some awesome, multicolored leggings that would go perfectly with a red or pink tutu.  I like the full day idea....hmmm.  I must think more about this :)  I like how when a child walks in a tutu, there's a bit of a bounce on the ruffles.  That makes me smile.  I'm hoping that if I wear mine for a day, it makes people smile and not call the guys in the white suits.


Maybe I can convince my kids to join me in dance party, in the house, this weekend.  They can teach me the new steps and I can teach them the sprinkler or the Henry Winkler.

On a side note, I'm in bed, hardly able to move my body and I'm lucky there is auto correct on this program, because my fingers aren't hitting the letters needed.  I'm grateful that even with the exhaustion and extreme heaviness of my eyes, that my spirit is flowing through to express what is underneath this shell of a body.  Physically, everything is in slow motion and there is so much I feel I want to do, but I know I must regain my energy stores.

The thing that comes through when I'm allowing myself to go beyond the physical, is finding a tutu, so I can embarrass my kids....I mean, so I can have fun and enjoy some child like energy and laugh.  So far, I have a tutu plan, but no tutu.  I'm sure the universe is working on this already :) Then I have a dance party planned and I need one more plan for fun and laughter.

Nothing is coming to mind, so I'm going to ask for your help.  Please share with me what you do to laugh and have fun.  What do you do to get out of a rut?  Do you have any ideas for me?  I'd love to hear all about them!

Thanks for reading, forwarding and following my posts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment